Terms and Conditions
- This Website is owned by Derma UK Ltd, hereinafter referred to as ‘We’ or ‘Our’ (Registered Co. No. 3535514). Our registered office address is Toffee Factory, Unit S20, Lower Steenbergs Yard, Quayside, Ouseburn, Walker Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 2DF.
- These general terms and conditions apply to any correspondence between us or any third party nominated by us, and you; and also to anyone accessing information, viewing pages or placing orders utilising any part of the sk1n.co.uk website (‘Website’) which is a trading name of Derma UK Ltd. By utilising the Website you acknowledge your acceptance of these general terms and conditions. We retain the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without warning or prior notice.
- Unless otherwise stated, all online sales ordered through the sk1n.co.uk website will be fulfilled by us.
- If you are a consumer and do not live in England, the applicable law of the country in which you live will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there. Nothing shall prevent us from bringing proceedings to protect our intellectual property rights before any competent court.
- Anyone wishing to purchase items on the Website is required to register their details with the Website. The User (anyone utilising any part of the Website, hereinafter referred to as ‘you’ or ‘your’) must be aged 18 years or over to purchase any items on the Website. We reserve the right to request Proof of age at any time. You will be responsible for the use of the Website so you must ensure that you keep your log-in and password details private. You will be responsible for any use or misuse of the Website where your log-in details have been used.
- We have taken reasonable care to ensure the content of the Website is correct and current. We disclaim any and all warranties of any kind with respect to the contents of the Website to the full extent permitted by law.
- We, our related companies and our directors and employees will not be liable for any loss or claims arising from the use of the Website or use or interpretation of the information therein; either directly or indirectly. This exclusion does not override any statutory rights. Your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected by these terms and conditions.
- All information and content on the Website is for information only. If you have any doubts regarding the pharmaceutical products you should contact your doctor or medical advisor. You must ensure that you follow all product packaging labels and leaflets prior to use. If you suspect you may have a health care problem you should consult your doctor prior to taking any medicines. Please consult your doctor if you are already taking prescription drugs or are under ongoing medical care before taking any additional pharmaceutical products.
- We may, from time to time, provide links from the Website to other websites that are owned and controlled by third parties. These links are provided only for your convenience and we have no control over and will have no liability in respect of those websites.
- Our content is provided for general information purposes only. The content must never be used as a substitute for advice provided by a doctor or other qualified healthcare professionals.
- If any of these terms are held to be unenforceable or invalid then such terms shall be treated as removed so that it does not affect the enforceability or validity of the remaining terms and conditions.
2 Your Conduct
- You must not use the Website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way.
- You understand that you, and not us are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to us and you must use the Website for lawful purposes only.
- You must not use the Website for any of the following:
- for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity.
- to send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any “spam”.
- to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
3 Alteration of Service or Changes to the Conditions
- We reserve the right to make changes to the Website, policies, and terms and conditions at any time. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you use the Website or that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
4 Events beyond our Reasonable Control
- We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
5 Prices and Offers
- All prices and offers on the Website are subject to availability whilst stocks last. If the stock is no longer available we will contact you with the new price and you will pay or be refunded the difference. Alternatively, you may be given the opportunity to cancel your request.
- Only one voucher code may be used with each transaction.
- The price shown on the Website is inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate.
- The Website is regarded as an invitation to treat. Orders placed are an offer to purchase which we may accept or decline at our absolute discretion without needing to give any reason for declining the offer to purchase. A confirmation email will be sent which confirms receipt of the offer to purchase. This does not constitute acceptance of the offer to purchase. A contract is deemed to have been entered into when we issue a sales confirmation or a delivery invoice. Our team will check all orders before release and before issuing a sales confirmation or a delivery invoice. We may not be able to process your order if the item is not in stock or if there is a problem with the payment method.
- Once the order has been placed on the Website the transaction is manually processed at our premises by our team.
6 Copyright and Intellectual Property
- All product information, data, text, images and the selection and arrangement of the aforementioned and associated links, software and source code contained on the Website are wholly owned by us or are licensed for use by us.
- It is not permitted to download any data or information for commercial use. You are allowed to download information related to a specific product for information only. Always check information for products on the packaging and leaflet which comes with the product. All trademarks are acknowledged as trademarks or registered trademarks of their owners. Product packaging and leaflet information directions and warnings must be followed when using the products supplied.
- It is your responsibility to enter the correct delivery address at the time of ordering. If the incorrect address is given, we are not obliged to re-send the order to the correct address at our expense. You are advised to contact our Team immediately if you make a mistake with your delivery address. Once an item has been shipped the address cannot be changed.
- Once an order has been placed, if for any reason we are unable to ship a part of it, we may at our discretion send part of the order that is in stock or remove item(s) from the order. In this instance, a refund will be made to you and a note made on the invoice enclosed within the package.
- All delivery dates are estimates and are not guaranteed unless the UK Express Delivery service is selected and paid for. Please note not every item is always eligible for Special UK Express Delivery, our Team will contact you if this option is selected but cannot be fulfilled.
- We reserve the right to use any form of delivery and packaging. Most packaging will be a white outer package.
- We reserve the right to use whichever form of delivery we deem appropriate.
- Dispatch is usually within 1-3 days from ordering. The 3-6 working days includes preparation of your order and transit.
- Standard Delivery is via Royal Mail. Postage and packaging is charged at £4.99 for UK orders up to a weight of 2kg. Postage and packaging costs for standard orders with a weight over 2kg will be confirmed by our Team. For a full breakdown of charges please refer to the Delivery information page by following this link sk1n.co.uk/delivery.
- Express Delivery provides next day delivery on orders placed before 1.00pm Monday – Thursday. Orders placed on a Friday will be delivered on Monday. Signature is required on delivery. Deliveries will not be made on Sundays or Public or Bank Holidays. For a full breakdown of charges please refer to the Delivery information page by following this link sk1n.co.uk/delivery.
- If for any reason, a package is returned to us then you are responsible for any redelivery costs incurred. If you then decide to cancel the order, only the cost of the goods will be refunded.
- For lost or missing packages, a package can only be reported as missing to Royal Mail if it has not arrived within 15 working days (3 weeks). Most missing items are located within the postal system within this time period. If after 15 days an order has still not been received, you are advised to contact our Team at [email protected] with your order number and full name and address. Our Team will issue a claim with Royal Mail, and arrange to either refund or resend the order.
- Once delivered the products become your responsibility and we will not accept any liability for their loss, damage or destruction after they have been delivered. Ownership will pass to you on receipt of payment or delivery of goods, whichever is the latter.
8 Returns and Exchanges
- Our full returns policy can be found at sk1n.co.uk/returns-policy .
- If an item is returned back to us for any reason, we will attempt to contact you to arrange to resend this. If you decide to cancel the order, only the cost of the goods will be refunded.
- We are unable to offer an exchange for any items returned without an Authorised Returns Number.
- Payment can be made by PayPal or by Credit or Debit card.
- All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer.
- If the card issuer refuses to authorise payment we will not be able to process your order, and we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery and we are not obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal.
- We are not responsible for your card issuer or bank issuing any charges to you as a result of our processing of your credit/debit card payment.
- Every effort has been made to make sure our website database is secure and can only be accessed by us. Sometimes, trusted third parties such as IT personnel for the purpose of improving this site may require access.
- We will retain contact and delivery information together with your login and password. For your convenience, we retain information about any non-prescription products you have purchased to aid your future use of the site.
11 Contacting Us and Complaints
If you have a complaint about SK1N and our services, please contact the SK1N team at [email protected]
In the unlikely event that we unable to resolve your complaint, and you are still not satisfied, you may file your complaint on the EU Online Dispute Resolution platform which is available at www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated in March 2019.